Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thrifty Style

I get a kick out of shopping for kids at thrift stores. Second hand stores usually offer things that are not so trendy but yet stylish for a few dollars. Currently I am styling for a shoot and I find it much easier to take apart a pair of jeans from a thrift store than paying $16-$80 for new ones to destroy for a look.   

On a more practical every day wear and tear note, I often like to supplement my daughters wardrobe with second hand wear to give her free range to play as rough as she would like. That way, I won’t worry about how much money I paid just to see it scuffed and tattered on the play ground.  

A bigger motivation to indulge in thrift shopping is that larger thrift stores like Goodwill and The Salvation Army are geared toward charity and community based programs for people with disabilities. So get out and explore thrifty retail. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...